• Cinema-Quality SXRD panel technology with Reality Creation
• 1,800 Lumens, Full HD 1080p native resolution
• 6,000 hrs long lasting lamp (low mode)
• Converts standard HD content to 3D
• 1.6x manual zoom ratio & wide lens shift lens
• Connectivity: 2 HDMI; IR input; Remote connector (RS232), Wired network, 12V trigger Minijack
Full HD SXRD Home Cinema Projector with 1,800 Lumens Brightness
True Home Cinema Is Closer Than You Think
Create a spectacular cinematic experience in your own home. Available in a sleek, contemporary black or white finish that makes a stylish addition to any interior, the VPL-HW65ES Home Cinema projector lets you enjoy your favourite movies at their best in 2D or 3D.
Advanced SXRD panel technology delivers fabulous Full HD images with impressive 1800 lumens brightness and high 120,000:1 contrast ratio that always look clear and sharp, even in daylit living rooms.
Light, compact and easy to set up, the VPL-HW65ES fits neatly into any home theatre or living room, with quiet fan noise that won't disturb the show and a front-facing exhaust port for extra installation flexibility. The projector's long-lasting lamp is rated for an extra-generous 6,000 hours operation (in Low Mode), for fewer interruptions and reduced maintenance costs.
Spectacular Full HD pictures with Reality Creation
Advanced SXRD panel technology is teamed with Reality Creation - Sony's Super Resolution processing technology that refines subtle details, colours and textures. You'll see the difference with crisp, sharp Full HD pictures that take you closer than ever to the original 1080p source.
High brightness and contrast
With an impressive 1,800 lumens brightness and high 120,000:1 dynamic contrast range, Full HD images are clear and with bright highlights and rich, deep blacks – even in well-lit rooms.
The projector is also available in a stunning new white finish that looks beautiful in any contemporary or traditional décor.
Smooth, fluid on-screen action
Coupled with the panel's super-fast response rate, Motionflow technology means you’ll see every detail with minimal blur - no matter how fast the action.
6000 hour rated lamp operating life (in Low mode) means simpler maintenance, with fewer lamp swaps and reduced running costs.
Flexible home installation with wide zoom and shift lens
The manual zoom lens with a 1.6x zoom ratio and wide lens shift range gives greater installation flexibility in any room size, even with high ceilings.
With the fan exhaust positioned at the front of the projector, you don’t need to worry about wall clearance and room for air inhale/exhaust when installing. This helps maximise throw distance, for the biggest possible projected images.
Home automation with IP control
The VPL-HW65ES is compatible with a wide range of home automation systems via an RJ45(IP), RS-232C, TRIGGER and IR IN interfaces.
Industry standard RF 3D compatible
The projector's built-in RF transmitter synchronises with any RF 3D glasses for wider coverage and greater stability, so there’s no need for an external transmitter.
You're always up to date with the latest features and firmware updates via the projector's USB port.
- Display System: SXRD panel, projection system
- Size of effective display area: 0.61” x 3
- Number of pixels: 6,220,800 (1920 x 1080 x 3) pixels
- Focus: Manual
- Zoom: Manual (Approx. x1.6)
- Lens shift: Manual, Vertical: +/- 71%, Horizontal: +/- 25%
- Light source: High-pressure mercury lamp, 215 W type
Recommended lamp replacement time *1
- Recommended lamp replacement time: 6000 H (Lamp mode: Low)
Filter replacement cycle (Max.)
- Filter replacement cycle (Max.): Same time as the lamp replacement is recommended
- Screen size: 40” to 300” (1,016 mm to 7,624 mm)
- Light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High) *2
Colour light output
- Colour light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High) *2
Displayable scanning frequency
- Horizontal: 19 kHz to 72 kHz
- Vertical: 48 Hz to 92 Hz
- Computer signal input: Maximum display resolution: 1920 x 1080 dots (HDMI Input only)
- Video signal input: 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i
- The following items are available for HDMI input only - 1080/60p, 1080/50p, 1080/24p
- OSD languages: 17-languages (English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Polish)
INPUT OUTPUT (Computer / Video / Control)
- HDMI1 / HDMI2: Digital (RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr)
- Trigger: Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA
- Remote: RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin (female)
- LAN: RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX
- IR IN: Mini Jack
- USB: DC 5V, Max. 500 mA
- Acoustic noise: 22 dB
Operating temperature / Operating humidity
- Operating temperature / Operating humidity: 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F) / 35% to 85% (no condensation)
Storage temperature / Storage humidity
- Storage temperature / Storage humidity: -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F) / 10% to 90% (no condensation)
- Power requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 3.1 A to 1.3 A,50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: Max 310 W
Power consumption (Standby Mode)
- Power consumption (Standby): 0.4 W
- Standby Mode Activated: After about 10 Minutes
Dimensions (W x H x D) (without protrusions)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (without protrusions): 407.4 x 179.2 x 463.9 mm; 16 1/8 x 7 1/8 x 18 3/8 inches
- Mass: Approx. 9 kg / 20 lb
- Replacement lamp: LMP-H210
*1 The figures are expected maintenance time and not guaranteed. They will depend on the environment or how the projector is used.
*2 The values are estimate.
What's In The Box
- Sony Projector
- Remote control RM-PJ28
- 2 x AA Batteries
- AC Power Cord
- Lens Cap
- Operating Instructions (CD-ROM)
- Quick reference manual
- Warranty Card