• Cinema-Quality SXRD panel technology with Reality Creation
• 1,800 Lumens, Full HD 1080p native resolution
• 6,000 hrs long lasting lamp (low mode)
• Converts standard HD content to 3D
• 1.6x manual zoom ratio & wide lens shift lens
• Connectivity: 2 HDMI; IR input; Remote connector (RS232)
Full HD SXRD Home Cinema Projector with 1,800 Lumens Brightness
The Value-Packed Introduction To True Home Cinema
Expand your horizons beyond the TV screen - and create a spectacular cinematic experience in your own home. Available in a choice of black or white finishes to flatter any interior, the value-packed VPL-HW45ES Home Cinema projector lets you enjoy your favourite entertainment at its best in 2D or 3D.
Made for movie lovers, it's packed with technology developed for our professional Digital Cinema projectors, including SXRD panels and our own Advanced Reality Creation upscaling technology for fabulously detailed Full HD images. Generous 1,800 lumens brightness ensures that films and TV shows look clear and sharp, even in daylit living rooms.
Compact and easy to set up, the VPL-HW45ES fits neatly into any home theatre or living room, with quiet fan noise that won't disturb the show and a front-facing exhaust port for extra installation flexibility. The projector's long-lasting lamp is rated for an extra-generous 6,000 hours operation, for fewer interruptions and reduced maintenance costs.
Spectacular Full HD pictures with Reality Creation
Cinema-quality SXRD panel technology is teamed with Reality Creation - Sony's Super Resolution processing that refines subtle details, colours and textures. You'll see the difference with crisp, sharp Full HD pictures that take you closer than ever to the original 1080p source.
1,800 lumens brightness for vibrant images
With an impressive 1,800 lumens brightness, Full HD images stand out with clear, bright highlights – even in well-lit rooms.
Choice of white or black colour finish
The VPL-HW45ES is available in a choice of sleek white or black finishes: take your pick to suit any contemporary or traditional décor.
Smooth, fluid on-screen action
Coupled with the panel's super-fast response rate, Motionflow technology means you’ll see every detail with minimal blur - no matter how fast the action.
6000 hour rated lamp operating life means simpler maintenance, with fewer lamp swaps and reduced running costs.
Flexible home installation with wide zoom and shift lens
The manual zoom lens with a 1.6x zoom ratio and wide lens shift range gives greater installation flexibility in any room size, even with high ceilings.
With the fan exhaust positioned at the front of the projector, you don’t need to worry about wall clearance and room for air inhale/exhaust when installing. This helps maximise throw distance, for the biggest possible projected images.
Home automation with IP control
The VPL-HW45ES is compatible with a wide range of home automation systems via RS-232C/D-sub 9-pin and IR IN interfaces.
Industry standard RF 3D compatible
The projector's built-in RF transmitter synchronises with any RF 3D glasses for wider coverage and greater stability, so there’s no need for an external transmitter.
You're always up to date with the latest features and firmware updates via the projector's USB port.
- Display System SXRD panel, projection system
- Size of effective display area 0.61” x 3
- Number of pixels 6,220,800 (1920 x 1080 x 3) pixels
- Focus Manual
- Zoom Manual (Approx. x1.6)
- Lens shift Manual, Vertical: +/- 71%, Horizontal: +/- 25%
- Light source High-pressure mercury lamp, 215 W type
Recommended lamp replacement time *1
- Recommended lamp replacement time 6000 H (Lamp mode: Low)
Filter replacement cycle (Max.)
- Filter replacement cycle (Max.) Same time as the lamp replacement is recommended
- Screen size 40” to 300” (1,016 mm to 7,624 mm)
- Light output 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High) *2
Colour light output
- Colour light output 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High) *2
Displayable scanning frequency
- Horizontal 19 kHz to 72 kHz
- Vertical 48 Hz to 92 Hz
- Computer signal input Maximum display resolution: 1920 x 1080 dots (HDMI Input only)
- Video signal input 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i
- The following items are available for HDMI input only - 1080/60p, 1080/50p, 1080/24p
- OSD languages 17-languages (English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Polish)
INPUT OUTPUT (Computer / Video / Control)
- HDMI1 / HDMI2 Digital (RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr)
- Remote RS-232C, D-sub 9-pin (female)
- IR IN Mini Jack
- USB DC 5V, Max. 500 mA
- Acoustic noise 22 dB
Operating temperature / Operating humidity
- Operating temperature / Operating humidity 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F) / 35% to 85% (no condensation)
Storage temperature / Storage humidity
- Storage temperature / Storage humidity -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F) / 10% to 90% (no condensation)
- Power requirements AC 100 V to 240 V, 3.1 A to 1.3 A,50/60 Hz
- AC 100 V to 120 V Max 310 W
- AC 220 V to 240 V Max 310 W
Power consumption (Standby Mode)
- AC 100 V to 120 V 0.4 W (when "Remote Start" is set to "Off")
- AC 220 V to 240 V 0.4 W (when "Remote Start" is set to "Off")
- Standby Mode After about 10 Minutes
Dimensions (W x H x D) (without protrusions)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (without protrusions) 407.4 x 179.2 x 463.9 mm; 16 1/8 x 7 1/8 x 18 3/8 inches
- Mass Approx. 9 kg / 20 lb
- Replacement lamp LMP-H210
*1 The figures are expected maintenance time and not guaranteed. They will depend on the environment or how the projector is used.
*2 The values are estimate.
What's In The Box
- Sony Projector
- Remote control RM-PJ28
- 2 x AA Batteries
- AC Power Cord
- Lens Cap
- Operating Instructions (CD-ROM)
- Quick reference manual
- Warranty Card