• 2.4GHz digital wireless link provides crystal clear audio
• 34-Channel selection
• 2V Audio output level
• < 1% Audio distortion
• 20-200Hz Frequency response
• Up to 30.5m operation distance between transmitter and receiver (line of sight)
What Is a Subwoofer and Why Choose Wireless?
A subwoofer is a dedicated bass speaker designed to handle the low frequency effects in audio systems. The “.1” in a 2.1, 5.1 or higher surround sound system, the subwoofer plays a critical role in transforming ordinary sound into a spine-tingling experience, especially on action and adventure films. Because subwoofers handle such low frequencies (typically between 20–200 Hz), you’ll often feel the bass as much as you hear it.
Where you place the subwoofer will depend on your room’s acoustics and your own personal taste but placement flexibility is key. Sometimes, the best sound is experienced when the subwoofer is located in a corner, away from the TV and receiver, but this means running cable in the wall, underneath the floor or along the base boards. If this is not something you relish doing, OSD Audio’s Black Series Wireless Subwoofer Transmitter/Receiver Kit could be the ideal solution.
How Does the OSD Audio's Black Series Wireless Subwoofer Transmitter/Receiver Kit Work?
The Black Series allows you to locate the sub anywhere there’s an electrical outlet, allowing for much more placement flexibility. Here’s how it works. The kit includes a transmitter and a receiver as well as the necessary cables and power adapters. The transmitter connects to your amp or receiver's subwoofer RCA output, then sends a wireless signal over to the kit’s receiver which is connected to your powered subwoofer's RCA input.
When the transmitter and receiver are within 30.5m (100ft) of each other, the low frequency sound is transmitted to the subwoofer via the 2.4GHz broadcast frequency, the same reliable frequency used by cordless phones, routers and other wireless devices. Because most households have a number of other devices operating on the 2.4GHz frequency, the WSK-100 includes 34-selectable channels so you can dial in on the most reliable and steady signal. While the 2.4GHz frequency works best at line of sight, it’s not a deal breaker so you can hide the subwoofer transmitter/receiver in another room or behind a sofa.
How to set up the Black Series subwoofer kit
- Place the transmitter and receiver within 100ft each other, on a flat surface or mounted on a wall.
- With the audio source off, connect the transmitter to the subwoofer jack with the RCA cable.
- Connect the supplied AC adapter (9V, 200mA) to the transmitter DC IN 9V jack, and then plug it into a standard household outlet.
- Connect the receiver to your subwoofer with the RCA cable.
- Connect the supplied AC adapter (9V, 200 mA) to the receiver DC In 9V jack, and then plug it into a standard household outlet.
- When you connect the power and signal cable, the transmitter and the receiver LED's light green. If there's active audio source, the receiver automatically activate and send the signal to subwoofer input.If you experience any interference, press and hold the "M" button on both transmitter and receiver units, both units will automatically change the channel and link.
Please Note: The wireless subwoofer kit will enter into standby mode 17 minutes after there's no signal.