• 160 W/Ch Hi-Current Dynamic Audio Amplification System
• 384 kHz/32-bit (AK4438) DAC for Hi-Res Audio
• HDMI® 4 In / 1 Out for Media Player and TV Connection
• 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® Technology
• Chromecast built-in, DTS Play-Fi, AirPlay, Spotify
• FireConnect™ Multi-room Audio Distribution
• FM/RDS and DAB/DAB+ Radio with Quick Recall Memory Presets
Stereo Hi-Fi Amp Gets You Connected
Put the focus on musicality with the TX-8270, a beautifully engineered stereo amp that’s ready to play anything you throw at it. Together with line and phono inputs, there’s coaxial and optical digital, four HDMI® inputs, USB, and dual-band Wi-Fi® to support wireless audio technologies. These include DTS Play-Fi®*, Chromecast built-in*, AirPlay, Spotify®, network-attached audio, and streaming services.
Built around a massive transformer, audio-grade capacitors, and discrete non-phase-shift circuitry locked into a robust chassis, this amp has high-current power to illuminate your favorite music. Enjoy versatility with easy enhancement of everyday TV entertainment, DAB+ and FM/RDS radio, and more. Paired with speakers of appropriate quality, the TX-8270 will bring a smile to your face every performance.
* Firmware update or updates required (TBA).
Driving Big Speakers with Vitality and Dynamism
This amp system generates high current with a massive transformer and audio-grade capacitors. Circuitry features discrete output transistors for low distortion and effortless driving power. High current assures accurate control, restoring energy and vitality to your music. Non-phase-shift circuitry, meanwhile, focuses the audio image and reproduces a wide frequency bandwidth to maximize Hi-Res Audio and vinyl playback.
A Stereo Receiver that Connects Everything
A beautiful stereo receiver crafted for hi-fi enthusiasts, the TX-8270 is also exclusively equipped with connections allowing it to serve as an up-to-date amp for TV entertainment. Joining analog, digital, phono, and USB inputs are HDMI® terminals (connect an Apple TV or similar) together with a Next Generation Network Audio platform. Cast music from familiar apps quickly and easily.
Premium Digital-to-Analog Processing
An AK4438 384 kHz/32-bit digital-to-analog converter from AKM features unique low-distortion technologies ideally suited to DSD 5.6 MHz*1 and PCM signals up to 192 kHz/24-bit*2. Together with unique VLSC™ filtering circuitry, which eliminates ultra-high-frequency pulse noise, playback is crystal clear.
*1 Playback after PCM conversion.
*2 192/24 PCM not supported over wireless LAN or USB.
Music Made Easy with Chromecast built-in*
Stream any music from your smartphone, laptop, or PC to your speakers with ease. Control playback with Chromecast-enabled apps you know and love from your iPhone, iPad, Android™ phone or tablet, Mac® or Windows® laptop, or Chromebook™.
Stream Anything with DTS Play-Fi®
DTS Play-Fi* is a wireless protocol that works with any app and smart device. Flick whatever’s playing to the receiver, even different sources to different components at the same time.
Dual-band Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, and Spotify® Connect
A selectable 5 GHz Wi-Fi® channel assures stable connectivity in areas with traffic congestion on the 2.4 GHz band. Enjoy smooth streaming over AirPlay, the Spotify Connect app, and other network audio services.
Internet Radio, Streaming Services, FM/RDS, and DAB/DAB+
TIDAL, TuneIn, and Deezer are baked into the GUI, making it easy to select from a massive range of music and radio programs. Radio tuners are also included with 40 station presets. Get instant access to four of your favorite stations via preset buttons on the front panel.
Onkyo Controller for Next Generation Network Audio
Onkyo Controller collects streaming services and network-attached audio into an intuitive interface. Cue and control music and distribute it around the home from one easy-to-use app.
FireConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Audio
FireConnect™ mirrors network audio and external analog sources connected to master component—from streaming services to vinyl records—on FireConnect™-compatible speakers in other rooms. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into Onkyo Controller app for iOS and Android™.
Note: FireConnect™ is enabled with a firmware update. Sharing audio from external inputs depends on the model and is enabled with a future firmware update. Sampling rates of 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz are supported. FireConnect™ is a technology based on Blackfire provided by Blackfire Research Corp., USA.
* Requires a future firmware update.
- Massive Hi-Current EI Transformer
- Non-Phase-Shift Amp Circuitry with Discrete Power Output Stages
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- AKM 384 kHz/32-bit (AK4438) DAC
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) Noise Filtering Technology
- Dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® for Stable Connectivity
- Includes Chromecast built-in*1, DTS Play-Fi*1, AirPlay, Spotify, TIDAL, TuneIn, and Deezer*2
- FireConnect™ Multi-room Network/Analog Audio Distribution to Optional Wireless Speakers*1
- Receiver, Network Audio, and Multi-room Audio Control via free Onkyo Controller Application for Android™ and iOS*3
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology for Mobiles, Laptops, and PCs (Version 4.1 + LE Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3)
- Zone 2 Line Outs with Dedicated DAC for NET/USB Audio Distribution
- FM/RDS and DAB/DAB+ Tuners with 40 Station Presets
- HDMI Supports HDCP 2.2, 4K/60 Hz, HDR, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, DSD*4, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), and CEC
- Supports Dolby Vision™ Signal Pass-through
- Supports Hi-Res Audio via Network (DSD 5.6 MHz*4 and 192/24 PCM*5)
- Decodes FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD*4, AIFF, WMA Lossless, MP3, and AAC Formats Over Network and USB
- Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Control Knob
*1 Requires a firmware update or updates TBA.
*2 Availability of services may vary with region. Please confirm before purchase. Subscription may also be required.
*3 For iOS and Android devices. Check App Store or Google Play™ for OS and device requirements.
*4 After PCM conversion.
*5 Not supported over wireless LAN or USB.
- 4 HDMI Inputs / 1 Output (4K/60 Hz / HDCP 2.2)
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 3 Analog Gold-plated Audio Inputs
- Gold-plated MM Phono Input with Phono Equalizer
- Gold-plated Zone 2 Line Outs
- Gold-plated Subwoofer Pre Out
- Two Pairs of Speaker Post with Screw Knobs for A/B Drive
- 5 V / 1 A USB Port for Audio Playback via USB Storage Devices (Front)
- 5 V / 500 mA USB Terminal for HDMI Media Players Power Supply (Rear)
- IR Input and Output
- LAN Input with IP Control Capability for Home Automation Systems
- Thick, Detachable AC Power Cable
- Gold-Plated 6.35 mm Headphone Jack (Front)
- Graphical User Interface with Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- Quick Recall Preset Buttons on Front Panel
- Input Selector Knob and Physical Tone/Balance Controls
- Direct Mode and Double Bass Mode
- Crossover Adjustment (40 ⁄ 50 ⁄ 60 ⁄ 70 ⁄ 80 ⁄ 90 ⁄ 100 ⁄ 120 ⁄ 150 ⁄ 180 ⁄ 200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Front-panel Speaker A or B Drive Selector Button
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- Sleep Timer and Battery-free Memory Back-up
- Full-sized RI Remote Controller
- Network Standby Mode, HDMI Passthrough, and Auto Standby
- Power Output: 160 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 170 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 10%, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 149.5 x 329 mm
- Weight: 8.7 kg
Due to a policy of continuous product improvement, Onkyo reserves the right to change specifications and appearance without notice.
What In The Box
- Onkyo Multi-zone stereo receiver
- DAB/FM antenna
- Remote control
- AAA batteries x 2
- Power Cord
- Quick start guide