• 70 W/Ch (4 Ω, 1 kHz, 1%, 2 Channel Driven, IEC)
• VLSC™ Reduces Noise and Reveals Detail
• Built-In Chromecast, AirPlay & Bluetooth
• Supports FlareConnect™* Multi-room Audio
• Stream and control with Intuitive Remote App
• Select, Play, and Update Music Stored on a Connected HDD
Pure Audio Muscle In A Space-Saving Design
Fathomless power, lushness of detail, and ultimate convenience in a space-saving design: that’s the R-N855 in a nutshell. Serving music from connected HDDs and wirelessly from almost any audio app via Chromecast built-in*, FlareConnect™*, AirPlay, and Bluetooth®, the receiver also features an FM/DAB+ tuner, internet radio, and inputs for turntable and CD. Peek under the hood and you’ll find a fully customized transformer powering original Switching Amplifier technology. High-grade audio circuit boards are packed with top-quality audio components including two huge capacitors that deliver loads of oomph and deep, powerful bass. Housed in a rigid full-flat metal chassis reinforced by a solid aluminum faceplate, this amp is built heavy for full-scale sound.
* Enabled with a firmware update.
Hi-Fi Performance from a Compact Body
Onkyo’s in-house-developed Switching Amplifier technology delivers high power with vanishingly low distortion from a physically small receiver. Powered by a custom transformer and huge audio capacitors, the discrete modulation stage delivers exceptionally clear and musical sound, even with difficult-to-drive or sensitive speakers.
Super-Rigid Construction Reflects a Premium Build
The amp system and audio circuit boards are housed in a rigid, 1.6 mm-thick full-flat metal chassis further stiffened by a solid aluminum faceplate. Together with anti-resonant insulator feet, vibrations that cause interference on audio signals are virtually eliminated, improving clarity.
Select, Play, and Update Music Stored on a Connected HDD
Load your entire digital library onto an HDD*, connect it to one of the receiver’s USB inputs, and use our smartphone app to browse and play anything in your collection complete with album art and song information. A future firmware update will enable full music server capability with audio files writable to HDD via personal computer.
* HDD must be formatted to FAT32. Onkyo cannot guarantee, nor has tested for, correct operation with all HDD device types and brands.
Stream Music from Mobile and PC
Chromecast built-in* and AirPlay included on the receiver let you cast audio from a variety of supported applications for iPhone, iPad, and Android™ devices (as well as Mac, Windows®, and Chromebook™ computers) in seconds. Bluetooth® wireless technology is also included.
* Service enabled via firmware update.
On-Demand Music Streaming
Support for TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn is built into the receiver. Use the Onkyo remote app to select a service and stream essentially any music you want, or stream directly from the Spotify® application.
Hi-Res Audio via Network or USB
The R-N855 receiver features a premium AK4490 768 kHz/ 32-bit DAC to convert digital signals into a smooth analog waveform. This DAC module is renowned for high bandwidth and low noise, and decodes 11.2 MHz DSD and 192/24 PCM Hi-Res Audio formats over network or USB.
VLSC™ Reduces Noise and Reveals Detail
Pulse noise arises when converting digital signals to analog. The R-N855 features VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry), a unique technology that analyzes input and output signals and erases noise, clarifying details otherwise hidden in subtle distortion.
FlareConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Audio
FlareConnect* shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Onkyo Controller** app.
* For detail about external audio inputs, please refer to the link below.
** Download free from the App Store or Google Play.
Stream and Control with Intuitive Remote App
The ability to control music from anywhere in your home is right in your pocket: our free Onkyo Controller app gives quick access to inbuilt streaming services and lets you control playback from anywhere within range of the home network.
- Onkyo-original 70 W x 70 W Switching Amplifier Technology
- Chromecast built-in*1, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
- Plug-and-Play USB-HDD Audio Playback Functionality*2
- Spotify®, TIDAL, TuneIn, and Deezer*3
- FlareConnect™*1 Wireless Multi-room Audio
- Chromecast built-in*1, Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, Spotify®, TIDAL, TuneIn, and Deezer
- Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Streaming Technology*4
- USB-HDD Playback Capability with Song Selection via Onkyo Controller App
- Onkyo Controller App for iPhone/iPod touch*5 and Android™ Devices*6
- Supports 11.2 MHz DSD and 192/24 PCM Hi-Res Audio via Network and USB
- FlareConnect Multi-room Audio Distribution to Compatible Components and Speakers
- DAB/DAB+ Tuner
- Solid Aluminum Front Panel and Aluminum Volume Control
- High Rigidity 1.6 mm-thick Full-Flat Anti-Resonant Metal Chassis
- Onkyo-original Switching Amplifier Technology with Discrete Modulation Circuitry
- Custom High-Output EI Transformer and Customized Audio-grade Capacitors
- Flagship 768 kHz/32-bit AK4490 DAC from AKM
- VLSC™ Signal Processing Removes Digital Pulse Noise
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry Adjusts Frequency Response to Suit Volume
- PLL (Phase-Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Technology
- Phase-Matching Bass Boost Technology for Cohesive Full-scale Sound
- 2 x USB Type-A Inputs (Front/Rear)
- 2 Analog Audio Inputs and 1 Output (Gold Plated)
- 1 Gold-plated Coaxial Digital Input and 1 Optical Digital Input
- MM Phono Input and Equalizer for Turntable Connection
- Gold-plated Banana-plug-compatible Speaker Posts
- RI (Remote Interactive) Input/Output for Integrated Control of System Components with Included RI Remote
- AC Inlet with Detachable Cable
- Tone Controls (Bass/Treble, ±6 dB)
- DAB+ and FM/RDS Tuners with 40 Station Presets
- Auto Power-off Timer
- Display Dimmer (Bright/Dim/Dimmer)
- 3.5 mm Headphone Output
- Power Output : 70 W/Ch (4 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 2 Channels Driven, IEC)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz–60 kHz +1 dB/-3 dB (Direct)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 275 x 87.7 x 283.2 mm
- Weight: 6.1 kg
*1 Service enabled via firmware update.
*2 HDD must be formatted to FAT32.
*3 Some services may require a subscription. Service availability may vary depending on region.
*4 Bluetooth Version 4.1+LE, Compatibility Profile A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3
*5 Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
*6 Requires Android 4.0.3 or later.
What's in The Box
- Onkyo network stereo receiver
- Indoor FM/DAB+ antenna
- Instruction manual
- Remote controller
- AC power cord
- AAA (R03) batteries x 2