• 10" Gen 2 Metal alloy diaphragm UDIO Woofer, MLS voice coil guidance
• Dual 8 ohm voice coil design allows either stereo or mono signal inputs
• Sealed magnet gap locks out moisture and debris
• 91 dB Sensitivity; 30Hz to 100Hz Frequency response
• Anodised metal alloy speaker cones (MDT)
• Stylish design provides functional rigidity and extra security when buried
Second Generation In-Ground/On-Ground Subwoofer
When added to a system with full-range satellite speakers the NEAR® IGS100 subwoofer adds the last half-octave of bass foundation that makes music really come alive. The IGS100 is an updated and improved version of the original IGS10. The new model features a retuned port and alignment to deliver even better low frequency "kick" than its predecessor. At the same time the IGS100 remains musical at any playback level and is capable of withstanding high output use.
The NEAR® IGS subwoofers look and sound great when used as freestanding on-ground speakers that can be camouflaged among planters and pots. But we primarily designed them to be partially buried in the ground, affording homeowners superior sound performance, lower visibility and ultimate security.
The packed earth around the speaker dampens enclosure wall resonances to zero, allowing all of the woofer energy to go into moving air rather than the cabinet. In-ground installation also reinforces bass response by providing an infinite baffle to focus the sound waves. The bass impact is visceral, precise and detailed.
The IGS100's driver is a dual 8-ohm voice coil design that allows you to feed separate Left and Right channel inputs for summing a stereo feed into one woofer. This feature is a big help when the amplifier does not have a dedicated summed subwoofer output and you want to use only one IGS100. When a summed L+R channel feed is available from the amplifier, parallel wire both voice coils to achieve a 4-ohm load. For filling really big spaces with high impact bass, use two IGS100s.
Like other NEAR speakers, the IGS100 is truly weather-proof, not just “weather-resistant” and can be used totally exposed to the elements. The IGS100 enclosure is color-through, Linear Low-Density Polyethylene that sheds moisture, dirt and chemicals. The UV inhibitor pigments are embedded uniformly throughout the material so the sun won’t fade or yellow the color and garden tools won’t mar the speaker's great looks.
Superior Technology, Superior Sound
The IGS100 utilizes an MDT metal alloy diaphragm woofer with dual voice coil UDIO technology along with the Magnetic Liquid Suspension (MLS) technology patented by New England Audio Resource in 1993.These are the same materials and technologies employed throughout the IG Series to ensure timbre consistency and system design flexibility.
The IGS100's 10-inch driver is loaded into a sealed bandpass enclosure – the perfect solution to the challenges of delivering bass reliably outdoors. In 1998 Bogen Communications, Inc. on behalf of its NEAR division, patented this concept of in-ground bandpass subwoofers, a technique that is widely copied today.
In a bandpass design the woofer sits in a sealed enclosure – perfect for protecting the business end (motor, voice coil, suspension) from outside contaminants such as moisture, debris and wildlife. The better protected front (cone) side of the woofer fires into a ported enclosure to take advantage of the high acoustic efficiency of a vented alignment. In this way the IGS100 is the best of both worlds – sealed and vented.
Perforated aluminum screens prevent critters from entering the vented chamber. And of course, the MDT cone and SupraPolymer surround are impervious to whatever humidity, chemicals and contaminants could enter the vented chamber.
The IGS100’s bandpass alignment is by nature bandwidth limited and requires only a gentle slope external low pass filter. We recommend using the Low Pass Filter built-into the NEAR XL Series power amplifiers.
The result is exceptional sound quality that rivals audiophile-grade indoor subwoofers. NEAR’s high tech components ensure that everyone on the deck or patio hears well-balanced, lifelike sound at every volume level without fatigue.
* Availability subject to change without notice
- Purpose-built to be extremely durable in all weather conditions, mounted in-ground
- Stylish design provides functional rigidity and extra security when buried
- Available in Kodiak Brown to match IG Series full range models and Mulch Brown to match LB4TM and IG4M satellite speakers
- Anodized metal alloy speaker cones (MDT) maintain specified performance over a broad range of temperatures (-20 to +160 degrees F; -29 - +71 C) for consistent sound quality in every season
- Dual 8-ohm voice coil design allows either stereo or mono signal inputs
- UDIO (upside down/inside out) driver employs voice coils wound both inside and outside the former for extremely accurate linearity, even at extreme volume levels
- MLS spiderless motor uses specially developed ferrofluid to center the voice coil and eliminates the distortion generated by spiders
- Sealed magnet gap locks out moisture and debris
- Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDP) color-through enclosures are acoustically inert and stand tough under abuse and in extreme conditions
- Advanced SupraPolymer cone surrounds resist UV rays, chlorine, fertilizer and salt spray
- Signal connection via pre terminated 4-conductor burial grade cable exiting the bottom of the enclosure.
- Speaker complement: 10” Metal Alloy Diaphragm UDIO Woofer, MLS Voice Coil Guidance, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround;
- Frequency Response – 30Hz to 100Hz, +/-3.0dB
- Sensitivity (1W/1M) – 91dB
- Impedance - 8 ohms X2 voice coils, stereo input; 4 ohms mono input
- Power Requirements (@8 Ohms) - up to 300 Watts average
- Dimensions: 19.4” diameter at base x 17.4” High; 49.3cm x 44.cm
- Product Weight – 36 lb. / 16kg
- Input Terminations: 4-conductor burial grade cable
- Wiring color code: voice coil #1 positive (+) = red, negative (-) = black; voice coil #2 positive (+) = green, negative (-) = orange
- Environmental – Designed to Meet or Exceed Mil-Std-810 (Humidity, Salt Air, Heat, Cold); IEC IP55
Specifications subject to change without notice