• Commercial-grade I/O Player; Entry-level HTML5 rendering engine
• Supports H.265 encoded Full HD (1080p60) video playback
• IP streaming, Micro SD slot, interactive option requires USB dongle (optional)
• Output: HDMI, Analog stereo audio via USB-C dongle (optional)
• Built-in networking to update and manage your player remotely
• Effortless BrightAuthor presentation creation software included
• Support video wall across multiple displays or multiple content files on a single screen
Highly Affordable Full HD H.265 1080@60p Media Player
The small form, commercial-grade BrightSign LS424 is fully featured to run circles around the competition while offering easy port access and power efficiency. Network connected and featuring H.265 1080p60 video playback, entry-level HTML5 support and USB interactivity, this model is perfect for simple streaming applications and large deployments of common content.
All BrightSign players support H.265 decoding
- Play both 4K and Full HD content encoded with H.265
- Get half the file size and double the bandwidth and memory savings
- Achieve better video quality with H.265 vs. H.264 at the same bit rate
- Only H.265 supports 10-bit color and high dynamic range of color
Full HD Exceptionally smooth 1080p @ 60fps playback on all BrightSign players
All BrightSign players support 1920x1080 Full HD video at 60 frames per second, providing a flawlessly smooth and crisp viewing experience.
- Supports Full HD content encoded with H.265, H.264, MPEG-1, MPEG-2
- Offers highly reliable and flawless playback
HTML5 Hardware-accelerated Chromium HTML5 rendering engine
- NEW: WebGL video support & improved HTML graphics performance with a
- dedicated GL compositor
BrightSign LS Entry-Level HTML5 Engine
Play entry-level HTML5 content in full screen or as a modular asset alongside video playback
Full HD video and audio IP streaming
- All BrightSign players support Full HD IP video streaming
- BrightSign XD/XT support 4K video streams
- MJPEG and audio streaming including these formats
- HLS (the standard for public internet streaming: i.e. YouTube)
- UDP/RTP/RTSP streaming from head-end real-time encoders
- HTTP including SHOUTcast
- BrightSign XD/XT players support multiple video streams simultaneously
- BrightSign supports SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) technology on both 1080p & 4K content which optimizes streaming performance even across unpredictable networks
- Customize buffering and latency to improve media streaming performance
- Play streaming media in HTML5 assets or in BrightAuthor’s video, audio or MJPEG stream states
- Stream, buffer and play back content from IP cameras supporting the RTSP unicast streaming protocol
BrightBeacon (requires the Wireless/Bluetooth module)
BrightBeacon improves the overall digital signage experience by increasing audience engagement and creating a highly targeted, personal experience on two screens. Using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacon technologies, 2-way communication between BrightSign digital signage and mobile devices is achieved and allows for the delivery of highly targeted promotions based on location as well the ability to control digital signage playback from a mobile device. The BrightSign player requires the Wireless/Bluetooth module in order to implement BrightBeacon features and capabilities into BrightSign presentations.
Unique, personal experiences with digital signage and mobile devices can be created for virtually any application
- Increase traffic to digital sign locations
- Product promotions and coupons delivered in-store
- Consumer controlled digital signage for product demonstrations, sales information and more
- Informative messaging for transportation, medical and educational applications
- Personal welcome messages in corporate and hospitality lobbies
- Interactive exhibits/kiosks in museums, attractions & entertainment
- Integrated BLE beacon technology available on all BrightSign players which is used to promote mobile engagement (requires the Wireless/Bluetooth module)
- Offers dual screen exposure on both large digital signage screen and mobile device display
- Delivers location-based mobile engagement to deliver highly targeted content based on proximity to the beacon – no batteries required
- Supports 2-way communication between mobile devices and digital signage allowing a mobile device to control digital sign playback
- Offers remotely programmable solution with multiple beacon UUIDs supported
- Works with the BrightBeacon development application template and can be integrated with 3rd party apps.
- BrightBeacon development application template: https://github.com/brightsign/brightsign-ble-commands
- Requires BrightSign players to have the optional Wireless/Bluetooth module installed or a USB BLE 4.0 dongle & a mobile application that supports BLE beacons
- For 2-way communication, a secondary beacon is required
- BrightWall is a powerful drag-and-drop BrightAuthor tool that makes building looping video walls in any size and layout very simple.
- Perfectly synchronize separate videos per display or stretch a single video across all displays using the BrightSign player’s Ethernet port and a common clock
- Build video walls by simply choosing the number of displays, specifying the configuration of the video wall and dragging the video(s) into BrightAuthor
- The Synchronization event tool in BrightAuthor is used to synchronize the playback of multiple screens for basic video walls and also can be used in conjunction with interactive events for creating interactive video walls.
- NEW: Genlock frame-accurate synchronization (via BrightScript) provides perfect support for video wall and edge blended applications processed through other systems.
- All BrightSign players support playback multiple content files on a single screen using zones
- BrightSign XD and XT players support two video zones
- Abundant content support including Full HD video, images, HTML5, Live TV, audio, text tickers, Live Text, RSS feeds, date/time widgets and more
- Control each zone using its own playlist
- Play video and audio independently
- Synchronize zones together and link to lighting and other displays to create an immersive experience
- Trigger playback from virtually any type of interactive device you can dream up using Interactive Playlists in BrightAuthor or HTML5:
- Touch screens, barcode scans, motion sensors, RFID, UDP controls, GPIO and USB button controls, IR remote controls, serial devices, keyboards, mice and much more.
- Easily create Interactive Playlists using the Free BrightAuthor PC software.
- Control the show with UDP or serial controls to power and manage media playback, control AV devices such as projectors, lighting, audio systems and integrate with other show controllers (AMX, Crestron, Alcorn, etc.)
- Note: Not all BrightSign models support all interactive features that require certain I/O ports. Expanded I/O players will support all Interactive features. To ensure interactive feature compatibility, please check the available I/O ports for the specific model you are interested in.
- Integrate these real-time text fields to your signage and instantly update messaging without republishing the presentation. Perfect for menu board pricing, waitlists, transportation schedules and more.
- Keep your signage up to date by linking to and displaying popular news, finance, weather, and sports feeds.
Twitter & Flickr feeds
- Link to social media feeds such as twitter and Flickr to keep your signage relevant and fresh.
3rd party schedule feeds
- Connect to virtually any database via MRSS or HTML to display up to the minute details. Perfect for flight timetables, event schedules, corporate statistics, etc.
- Play specific audio and/or video content when located within a defined geographical radius (requires a USB GPS device).
- Shuttles, taxis, public transportation and moving billboards: Advertise and promote local businesses.
- Tour buses and boats: Inform and educate riders with video and audio relevant to the area.
BrightSign Network Tagging
BrightSign Network Tagging is a powerful way to categorize content and players by adding labels for the purpose of creating and playing highly targeted digital signage presentations and more easily managing content and players. Tagging features are included with all BrightSign Network subscriptions.
- Media Tagging: tag video, image or audio files with unique designations such as holidays, individual departments within a large facility, or sales pertaining to a specific day of the week.
- Tagged Playlists: build a playlist using rules to add content based on media tags.
- Player Tagging: use a “match player tags” setting to achieve a secondary level of content filtering.
- Geo–tagging: map the locations of players and cross-reference with playback logs.
- The BrightSign App offers a simple and secure interface on your iPad or iPhone:
- Select any BrightSign player connected to a local network.
- Update on-screen text and user variables immediately within the running presentation.
- Trigger presentation events and change presentation content via UDP commands.
- Customize the user interface to match your presentation.
- Access the diagnostic tools for each unit.
- Secure your displays with a password.
- This app is perfect for:
- menu board updates
- retail merchandising
- emergency messaging
- and more!
- Preview presentation playback in BrightAuthor before publishing.
- Speed up presentation authoring by reviewing the final look of your digital signage
- Remotely view an image of your running presentation on any BrightSign player.
- View snapshots using:
- Local networking via the BrightSign App and Diagnostic Web Server
- BrightSign Network via BrightAuthor or the Web UI
- Online, template-based sign creation service accessible from any PC or Mac
- Ready to use templates in landscape or portrait orientation for a variety of verticals: menus, education, retail & corporate
- Easily customizable to match your brand
- Deliver finished presentations and content updates to any networked BrightSign player on your BrightPlates account
- Connect with content designers to create, upload and deploy original HTML templates
- Can be linked to a BrightSign Network account to access content and publish to network groups
Local Network Publishing
- Free solution designed for small networks. Distribute presentations and updates to BrightSign units within a single building using a LAN (local area network).
Simple File Networking
- Free solution designed for small networks. Distribute presentations to BrightSign units through a web folder.
- Use this browser-based application to create signs using professional templates. Includes a cloud-publishing service for turnkey deployment of signage presentations.
- Secure, scalable and affordable cloud-based digital signage network service:
- Delivers the complete infrastructure to serve, manage and support your digital signage network.
- Scalable to any size network, allowing you to manage an unlimited number of BrightSign players on a single account.
- Frees you from the complexities of hosting and maintaining your own network.
- A secure service, offering a complete set of tools to easily manage your network
- Access the networking using the free PC-based BrightAuthor software or browser-based WebUI (accessible from any PC or Mac).
- Includes BrightPlates™.
BrightSign Network Enterprise Edition
- Installable software version of the BrightSign Network. Allows you to host a network instance on your own servers, with access to all BrightSign Network features.
- B-Deploy is a powerful setup and provisioning feature that allows customers to setup and deploy a multitude of players all at once.
- Eliminates the need to save setup files to an SD card and duplicate the SD card for every player in the network
- B-Deploy can be used with BrightSign Network, BrightSign Partner CMS, or on premise secure corporate LAN
AutoWall includes a BrightAuthor Plugin Kit that allows users familiar with creating HTML5 content to build video walls that automatically scale to the number of players connected and supports a wide array of multimedia content including video, images, tickers, live feeds & HTML5 widgets.
- Landscape multimedia video walls with HTML-based layouts
- Automatically scales based on the number of players/screens in the wall
- Frame accurate synchronization & support for interactivity via HTML
- Video content is populated from BrightSign Network Dynamic Playlists or MRSS feeds
- Multiscreen ticker option with content populated from BrightSign Network or RSS feeds
- Support for any publishing method (Local File Networking, BrightSign Network, etc.)
BrightAuthor is a PC software application for BrightSign that makes creating, publishing and managing BrightSign presentations simple and dependable. It is the central application for all your BrightSign needs, from building and distributing your presentations to managing your entire network of remote signs via the BrightSign Network. Not only does BrightAuthor offer an intuitive user interface and a wealth of digital signage features, it is also free of charge to all BrightSign customers. BrightAuthor is continually updated to keep up with market demands and future-proof your digital signage.
- Design full-screen or multi-zone layouts using preset or custom templates.
- Create presentations using the new Mosaic Mode.
- Play a multitude of smaller resolution videos simultaneously in individual video zones that add up to the maximum video decoding capability of the player.
- Play an HTML feed containing multiple videos in a single zone that add up to the player’s maximum decoding resolution.
- Build looping playlists with drag and drop functionality.
- Make interactive playlists by linking media files together with triggers.
- Utilize BrightWall to easily create video walls and achieve frame-accurate synchronization.
- Add synchronization across multiple displays or between zones.
- Tailor playlists with slide transitions, display intervals, live video and more.
- Include Live Feeds such as Live Data, Live Media, MRSS, Twitter, Flickr feeds and more in your presentation that automatically update without republishing the presentation.
- Increase your creative options by adding HTML5 content to your BrightSign presentations.
- Layer HTML5 widgets with videos, images, etc. to deliver powerful digital signage and out-performs what each element can do alone.
- Add animating, streaming social media feeds to your presentation
- Add day-parting and scheduling
- Ensure dependable playback with automatic publishing
- Directly publish to your PC, memory cards or a network location
- Convenient and secure content updates
- Diverse real-time content feeds such as RSS media and HTML widgets
- Local web server configuration that gives you the ability to edit user variables within presentations and pull database content into presentations
- Advanced management of BrightSign Network accounts
The BrightSign App allows you to easily interact with locally networked signage using your iPad, iPhone or Android device. This app is perfect for menu board updates, retail installations, emergency messaging, and more.
This free app offers a simple interface on your Android or iOS device to select any BrightSign player connected to a local network, and then change user variables for the current presentation or trigger presentation events and transitions.
How It Works
All locally connected BrightSign players are automatically detected. Once you select a player, controls for that player's presentation are immediately available for real time interaction.
- Locally connected BrightSign players are automatically detected.
- Any connected player can be selected for control or management.
- User variables and events are automatically displayed for each selected unit, allowing direct user input and interaction with the running presentation.
- Custom event triggers can be added directly within the app.
- The Diagnostic tools for each unit can be directly accessed and managed.
- Players can be password-protected for security.
- Compatible with BrightAuthor v4.x or later.